Lets talk about your dream life…
Do you really believe you can have it all?
Maybe you say the words, maybe you do the vision board, but do you REALLY believe you can have it?
I mean, like, the deep, hit you in the gut, fully believe it, not even worried about it, kind of belief?
That is the kind of belief you have to have to really make it happen, it needs to be a no brainer; it’s happening, now worries, its basically already happened.
How do you get there then?
Well I’m really into visualising, really walking around in the ‘goal life’, tasting it, smelling it, feeling it, trying it out for size until I’m ready to step into it.
I have mentioned visualising to some of my clients who have thought it must be hard to do and that it probably wasn’t something that would suit them.
To those guys I said this:
You visualise all the time, good and bad.
- You visualise when something goes wrong at work and you run the scenario over in your mind, replaying exactly how you felt and what everyone else did.
- You visualise when you argue with your partner and think of what you should have said, remembering how you felt, where you were standing, how your dress felt and how uncomfortable your shoes were that day.
- You visualise when you remember the moment you went on that beautiful holiday and had a wonderful time with your friends at the beach, I bet you can ever remember the song you were listening to.
Sure, these might be memories, but this IS visualisation.
Lets try something else.
If I ask you now to imagine making a drink for yourself, I am pretty sure you will find it fairly easy to close your eyes, and imagine doing so. You can see the cup or glass, you can see the kitchen, hear the click of the kettle, or feel the cold tap on your hands, as you let the cold water run.
This is visualisation and you CAN do it.
Now lets relate this to the life you really want.
- Get comfortable
- Close your eyes
- Pick a thing you want (the house, the job, the business, the car, the family…)
- Imagine yourself being in that life, feel the carpet on your feet in your brand new house, take that car for a spin, think about how you feel as you live out that life? Does your stomach do flips, are you smiling? I want you to enjoy playfully being in your goal life.
Do this many times over, make it so vivid that it feels real, make it it so strong that it feels like it’s already happened.
This reality is available for you.
When we believe it with all our hearts, we see it, taste, it, can smell it, touch it, we will take action to get to it.
You deserve this life, its just sat there waiting for you…
*Can I put a disclaimer in here that I don’t believe you make a wish and off it goes, but visualisation, goal setting and affirmations are daily reminders, focusers that will allow your brain to seek out the things you want in your daily life.
If you want real tangible help with all this ‘creating a life you really want’ and seeing the positive in the world, then come join my growing community in The bossing it! academy;