Does the unknown scare you?
Life can be pretty unpredictable can’t it and that can feel scary.
The uncertainty can be pretty unsettling, but we simply HAVE to get over this.
When we are children we typically feel pretty safe, we don’t know the stuff adults know and the world seems safe. Then we grow up and suddenly we have to fend for ourselves and we have all these responsibilities and well we suddenly feel pretty shakey about the whole thing!
Why is no one singing us lullabies to sleep, how come life is so complicated?!
Well life IS complicated and life does change constantly and you just have to get comfortable with that.
So what do we do?
Set you goals, what you want, where you’re heading and then mentally prepare for deviations in that. That doesn’t mean preparing for bad things, that is NOT what we want, we just want you to think about your actions toward those goals as more flexible.
Lets say, your goal is to run a marathon and 6 weeks before the goal, you sprain your foot. What a pain!(literally!), now you could go into a meltdown here; “Why me!?”, “I’ve worked so hard!”, “I don’t deserve this!”
OR, you could take a BIG breath and look at your current options.
- Could you walk the marathon?
- Can you postpone your place till next year?
- If you were running for a charity, could you do something else for them?
Plus, focus on the positives
- You don’t have to actually run a marathon! (OK, the thought of running a marathon is madness to me haha, this may not be a positive for you!)
- You can still go and support the others doing it, which will likely be a fun day
- You have to rest, sometimes we need to be stopped, so that we actually stop.
- People will probably be all lovely to you and have to make you cups of tea and help you with things!
The sprained foot is just an example of the challenges we might face, but the process of swerving around the challenges is the same.
Those that are super successful have found ways to bounce back from the bumps in the road and you can too.
Start to find excitement in the unknown, see it as an adventure, the next twist in a beautiful tale.
Whatever happens you are ready for it!
Your mantra: “I will work this out!!”
I believe in you